Re: is this sensible?

On Lu, 30 iun 14, 12:35:37, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:

> One of the first things I do when using aptitude on a new computer is
> disabling the "auto-repair feature"

What feature would that be?

> and automatic installation of recommended packages.

I do this only on really space constrained systems (e.g. my Raspberry
Pi), but I do selectively disable a specific Recommends (very easy to do
with aptitude in the preview screen) and file bugs to downgrade the
relationship to Suggests whenever it makes sense.

Kind regards,
Andrei