Re: Sound stopped working after kernel upgrade from 3.2 to 3.14

On 7/6/14, Weydson Lima <weyseal@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/5/14, Bzzzz <lazyvirus@gmx.com> wrote:
>> Try to add a file in /etc/modprobe.d (eg: NAUGHTY_INTEL_SND.conf)
>> with a line in: options snd-hda-intel index=-2 (or whatever name
>> is your module's name, YMMV) and reboot.
>

> What should the file name be? These are the files I have under modprobe.d:
>
> alsa-base-blacklist.conf
> alsa-base.conf
> dkms.conf
> fbdev-blacklist.conf
> fglrx-blacklists-radeon.conf
> radeon-kms.conf

Putting my foot in my mouth here until Bzzzz can answer you.. *I
THINK* Bzzzz is saying create your own file then add that line that
was suggested. Name the file whatever you want so it stands out to you
as being created by you, but just make sure the file ends in .conf so
the system notices it.

*I THINK* :)

I've done something like that along the way in playing with different
setups is why it clicked that might be what they mean..

Cindy

PS Please "bottom post" when you reply to people. I just had to do
some fancy footwork to get this to kinda sorta mesh for the
convenience of others reading it later one.. In case you've never
heard the term, bottom posting means to simply type your responses
UNDER the writing you're answering.. It helps people follow the
sequential train of thought in a conversation.. :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with duct tape *