Re: Windows and UTC system time (was: no subject)

On Saturday 05 July 2014 21.38:46 Nelson Green wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> This morning I had the mis-fortune of creating a dual-boot system with
> Debian on
> a machine that already had windows installed on. I installed a second hard
> drive, installed Debian, and almost everything works. But I apparently told
> the
> installer that the system clock is set to UTC, when it is not (because
> windows
> has no real concept of time).

That's not true. For some reason M$ makes it very complicated, but I have a
dual boot system and I have Windows 7 running with system clock set at UTC.

Look on the web and you should find how. I find it's a lot better than to run
Linux in local time, as far as I am concerned.

Thierry