Re: Windows and UTC system time

On 07/05/2014 04:01 PM, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
On Saturday 05 July 2014 21.38:46 Nelson Green wrote:
Good afternoon,

This morning I had the mis-fortune of creating a dual-boot system with
Debian on
a machine that already had windows installed on. I installed a second hard
drive, installed Debian, and almost everything works. But I apparently told
the
installer that the system clock is set to UTC, when it is not (because
windows
has no real concept of time).
That's not true. For some reason M$ makes it very complicated, but I have a
dual boot system and I have Windows 7 running with system clock set at UTC.

Look on the web and you should find how. I find it's a lot better than to run
Linux in local time, as far as I am concerned.

Thierry
Unfortunately, the fix that works in Windows 7 does not work in Windows 8.
Microsoft "fixed" it!

--doug