Re: Is grub perfect? (was Re: Does LXDE really require lightdm?)

On Sat 28 Jun 2014 at 19:12:14 -0700, Rusi Mody wrote:

> On Sunday, June 29, 2014 4:00:01 AM UTC+5:30, Brian wrote:
>
> > Deficiencies in existing documentation don't match up with a claim of
> > its being almost non-existent. The present documention would be of help
> > to most users for most things, but I suppose your examples above only go
> > to show that grub isn't perfect.
>
> [For anyone who finds this and has an itch to explore the limbo between
> non-existent and non-perfect]:
>
> There used to be a grub wiki: grub.enbug.org. The link is now dead.
>
> It can however still be found in the webarchive:
> https://web.archive.org/web/20100819173835/http://grub.enbug.org/FrontPage

  https://web.archive.org/web/20100515182153/http://grub.enbug.org/FranklinPiat/grub_modules.manpage

is the type of documentation which I think you would like to see in the
present grub. Unlike most of the other man pages listed at the bottom of
the page it has not made it there. Perhaps it is waiting for someone to
update and maintain it.

Of the cited 213 modules about 80 concern commands. These are documented
in the info manual, So things aren't as bad as they look. :)