Re: systemd (was ... Re: Article on swift, responsive computers)

Le 18.06.2014 11:24, Brian a écrit :
On Tue 17 Jun 2014 at 23:10:08 -0400, The Wanderer wrote:

According to my understanding from the discussions I've read: under
systemd, if you run 'startx' with no options from vt1, it will cause X to launch on vt1 - whereas under sysvinit, doing that will cause X to
launch on vt7.

Not quite. Under systemd a getty and login prompt will be spawned on
tty1 on booting. The remaining ttys are free. startx will bring up X on
the first available free tty, which is tty2.

If you did ALT-F2 before starting X on tty1 the first available free tty
is tty3 because there is now a getty process on tty2.

No getty is ever spawned on tty7 so it is always available for X.

According to /etc/inittab, but does systemd still use this file?

It cannot be
run on tty6 because systemd keeps this as an emergency tty.

How is it defined? It seems to be exactly the same as for all TTYs in inittab? Also, I thought that there was some informations in inittab about were xorg instances will be spawned, but it seems that I was wrong, so do someone knows were their TTYs are defined, if they are anyway?