Re: When bug fixes are applied on stable ?

On 12 June 2014 16:31, Prunk Dump <prunkdump@gmail.com> wrote:

> Moreover some bugs that appear insignificant for a normal Debian user
> can become critical on entreprise. A simple example is LibreOffice.
> Some of the tools of the suite does not get the defaut paper size from
> libpaper or locale. So the print jobs are sended as US Letter instead
> of A4 and the printers reject them. It's impossible for me to explain
> to 1013 users how to change the page size. So they think that linux
> works bad and I'am sad ...

I had a perfect opportunity to advocate for libreoffice to a new
workplace colleague today. I actually recommended against using it,
(even though I use it myself) because if I was to recommend a word
processor with a longstanding bug that entirely removes embedded
images at random from a document [1] then I feel sure that I would
entirely lose the respect and friendship of that colleague.

[1] http://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/2515/writer-with-pictures-often-fails/