Re: When bug fixes are applied on stable ?

On Thursday 12 June 2014 16.20:12 David wrote:
> On 12 June 2014 16:31, Prunk Dump <prunkdump@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Moreover some bugs that appear insignificant for a normal Debian user
> > can become critical on entreprise. A simple example is LibreOffice.
> > Some of the tools of the suite does not get the defaut paper size from
> > libpaper or locale. So the print jobs are sended as US Letter instead
> > of A4 and the printers reject them. It's impossible for me to explain
> > to 1013 users how to change the page size. So they think that linux
> > works bad and I'am sad ...
>
> I had a perfect opportunity to advocate for libreoffice to a new
> workplace colleague today. I actually recommended against using it,
> (even though I use it myself) because if I was to recommend a word
> processor with a longstanding bug that entirely removes embedded
> images at random from a document [1] then I feel sure that I would
> entirely lose the respect and friendship of that colleague.
>
> [1]
> http://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/2515/writer-with-pictures-often-fail
>s/

Never had this one. Reading the thread you give, it look as:

- it happens with the Windows version
- it happens when you use the *.docx format

Now, as far as I am concerned, I can't see the point of using the *.docx
format for work, as it is a non-native, non-free format.

As to using Windows...

My main concern with LibreOffice is that formatting is not consistent if you
copen your document on another machine, but th'sts another story.

Further, there does seem to be any fix for your bug (in LibreOffice), so how
could it be applied on stable?

Thierry