Re: GPG Keys..... was Re: Should I install chkrootkit?

On Mon, 2014-06-09 at 00:22 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Du, 08 iun 14, 22:05:03, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >
> > I will not sign my emails to mailing lists, however, you're mistaken,
> > several people subscribed to Debian user sign there mails. Those people
> > are not blacklisted, perhaps there are kangaroos or penguins in their
> > kitchen, I don't know, anyway, signing is allowed, usually it's just
> > unwanted for mails send to a mailing list.
>
> Could you please elaborate on this?

What should I explain? That signing usually is unwanted? It's usually
unwanted, because there is absolutely no reason to sign mails to a
mailing list, especially when most messages are signed with untrusted
keys. I experience this on many mailing lists, not at Debian user.

Signing a mail to a mailing list IMO is similar to draw up a contract,
when you lend a friend 10,-€. There simply shouldn't be the need to sign
those messages, just because there is one Super-Troll. AFAIK this never
happened before and there's no reason to assume it will happen often in
the future. This Super-Troll is an exception.