Re: Package system totaly a complete mess

Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@decoulon.ch> writes:

Hello Thierry.

> This being said, "pure" wheezy simply can't work on my machine (no graphics,
> no network, not even a hard disc...) so the only other choice is another
> distribution until Jessie becomes stable.
>
> I can't stand Ubuntu(s), but openSuSE ssems OK (even if i had a hell
> of a time getting gscan2pdf to work). Zypper and Yast have their
> problems too, anyway...

I did start with SuSE in '99, then used Gentoo >5yrs and moved to Arch
(>5yrs), played a bit with Frugal and in the meantime did bunch of
Ubuntu installations. Also had short affair with Free/PC-BSD. However,
now I've settled on Debian (Sid) and must say that it brings me quite
fresh software and is way more stable than all other distributions which
I used in the past. (I do not perform 'apt-get upgrade' every day).

As far as DEs are concerned I have some parts of Xfce installed (mostly
to have Thunar for other family members), but, otherwise, i3 wm
(http://i3wm.org/) with its multiple workspaces, statusbar, ability to
launch specific apps on specific workspaces etc. is all I need
desktop-wise.

Disclaimer: Never used Trinity and KDE-0.9.x was last time when I played
with KDE. ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A person is said to be elevated in yoga when, having renounced
all material desires, he neither acts for sense gratification