Re: Should I install chkrootkit?

On 6/7/2014 10:28 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net> wrote:
You can also look at the headers and see where the posting comes from.

I agree signing would help - but you're right, I don't know who many
people's public keys are - either here or anywhere else.

Yeah, the From address is @outlook.com rather than @attglobal.net.
While it is of course possible to forge headers like that, it is an
extra step, and requires a bit more effort than "hey, I can sign up
for a free email service with someone else's name".

Re message signing: http://xkcd.com/1181/

ChrisA

Chris,

Very cute - I can always use a good laugh :)

But there are also things which are even harder to forge - fields within the headers themselves. A quick comparison of those fields in this message vs. one of the fraud's headers will show huge differences.

Jerry