Re: Should I install chkrootkit?

From: Joe <joe@jretrading.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Cc: Horatio Leragon <hleragon@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 7, 2014 2:11 AM
Subject: Re: Should I install chkrootkit?

> rkhunter will not help an already compromised machine,

No antivirus for the Microsoft or the Mac platform can rescue an already compromised machine.

> so the machine must be clean when it is first run.

How do you ensure that the machine is "clean"?

> It must be re-initialised after anything is installed or updated.

Its function is oddly similar to a discontinued third party software for Microsoft OS.

> Do you know of Patch Tuesday, the second Tuesday of the month? (In
Europe, it's the following day)

Yes, I've been a Microsoft customer since Windows 95 and prior to that, MS-DOS.

> No Debian bugfix is held back until an arbitrary date.

I agree. Microsoft works closely with the NSA.