Re: Post-installation: how to auto-configure network adapter (ie. enable internet access)?

On Tue 03 Jun 2014 at 07:19:08 -0700, Horatio Leragon wrote:

> > OK, given your preference for keeping things to a minimum, you may
> > as well do the following.

[snip]

> Thanks for the detailed explanation. I really appreciate it.
>
> What do you think of the following method? (I found it on Google
> today). Your feedback would be appreciated.

> It is simpler here:
>
>     auto lo
>     iface lo inet loopback
>
>     auto eth0
>     iface eth0 inet dhcp

Forget about static configuration; this is what will suit you with a
wired connection.

> ... one can reboot the system, or type:
>
>     # /etc/init.d/networking restart
>     or
>     sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart

  ifdown -v ethX

and

  ifup -v ethX

is enough.

Or reboot.

I wish the Debian Reference told us things like this and was available
on t'internet. :)