Re: Crypt data "on the fly"

On 06/02/2014 07:16 PM, Bzzz wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jun 2014 19:01:17 +0200
Diogene Laerce <me_buss777@yahoo.fr> wrote:

I use crashplan and Im quite happy with them : very professional
and they do offer that service. ;)

Their website : https://www.code42.com/store/
From what I see, encryption is blowfish, which is good;
but they also keep your key, which is very bad.

This is the advantage of encfs: you keep your key, so the
repository is just a shell.

You need to create your own key : ;)

http://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/Latest/Configuring/Archive_Encryption_Key_Security*

"custom key*/
Encryption key that is user-created (using the Passphrase or Generate options) and is used instead of the encryption key generated by the CrashPlan app. This encryption security option offers the greatest security because the custom key never leaves the source computer. It also greatly increases user responsibility; there is no way to recover a backup if the custom key is lost or forgotten. CrashPlan Customer Champions have no way to assist with custom key recovery./ "

--
“One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.”
“Le vrai n'est pas plus sûr que le probable.”

                                              Diogene Laerce