Re: fastest linux distro

On Thu, 2014-05-29 at 06:43 +0200, Raffaele Morelli wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-05-28 at 20:15 -0400, Tony Baldwin wrote:
> > jwm, openbox, wmii, tritium, etc., are window managers that might
> > reduce your load.
>

> Correct, however, it doesn't matter if you run JWM or KDE4, when just
> using a browser, on an averaged dual-core machine. There won't be
> noticeable performance differences. I've got a Debian install on such
> a dual-core machine with KDE4 and JWM installed.
>

> Don't you spread confusion, a standard kde or gnome install "sucks"
> memory because of that,

because of that [standard install].

Because of what does it sucks memory? It sucks (memory) if somebody
claims something that isn't true by an email sent as HTML + plain text.

There's no need to sent the same text in one mail two times, especially
when HTML is frowned upon. And now the bomb drops ...

Ralf, you are well known for your neverending-aka-lord-of-the-ring-history-threads so I won't feed you.

/r