Re: want to revert back to gnome classic mode.

On Sun 25 May 2014 at 15:49:27 -0400, Steve Litt wrote:

> On Sun, 25 May 2014 21:38:14 +0200
> Filip <filip@fbvnet.be> wrote:
> >
> > In order to be able to mount from the command line as normal user, I
> > already had the following entries in /etc/fstab.
> >
> > /dev/sr0        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0
> > /dev/sdb1       /media/usb0     auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0
> > /dev/sdb2       /media/usb1     auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0
>
> Yes. I downloaded and installed xfe, (admittedly, this was for my
> Ubuntu 13.10 box) and what I found is it doesn't show mountable drives
> like Thunar does, so you can't mount an arbitrary device from xfe.

That's because, as Filip says, it relies on the contents of fstab.

> Other than those two things, xfe looks like an excellent file manager.

As long as you don't mind it relying on some 200+ MB of disk space taken
up by installing it with its Recommends: (which, for some reason, include
audacity). There are people who think mc is top heavy at 10+ MB. :)