Re: want to revert back to gnome classic mode.

On Fri, 23 May 2014 12:46:14 +0300
Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mi, 21 mai 14, 08:58:00, Joe wrote:
> > The other medium-weight DE is LXDE.
>
> If there is an even lighter weight DE than LXDE I'd be very
> interested.
>
> Kind regards,
> Andrei

Well, I mean, if lightness is your sole priority, drop all the way back
to fvwm2. It would probably run on a 16MB 286. I think you'd need to run
X without a window manager to get lighter than fvwm2.

As far as practical interfaces for serious desktop work, I wonder if
OpenBox is lighter weight than LXDE? If so, *highly* recommend OpenBox:
It's wonderful. Here's some documentation I wrote about it:

http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/openbox/index.htm

SteveT