Re: Iceweasel and DRM

On Sat, 2014-05-24 at 14:07 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 2014-05-24 at 13:58 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > Being against DRM isn't clownery :(. I made a living from artwork many
> > times in my live, without the need of idiotic copy protections. If the
> > people who like your work don't like to pay you, consider for what
> > people you're making your work. Is the target group for your work that
> > anti-social or your work not worth to spend money for it? Consider to
> > make better work for a better target group, then you don't need copy
> > protection anymore.
>
> PS: A "pirate" copy, shared cracked software could be good promotion. If
> somebody really don't has got the money to pay you, why not sharing the
> work for free? Others who have the money, get aware by "pirate" copies,
> shared cracked software of your good work, use/test it and then pay for
> for a legal version, or they at least buy other work from you, if they
> have got the money. Again, it belongs to the target group.

PPS: I reflected my opinion. We should find a perfect copy protection,
get rid of money and than start barter trade. I made barter trade
without money relatively often in my life. I bet a lot of people with
intellectual work that is perfectly protected, that can't be copied,
wont find somebody willing to trade off bread and butter for this
intellectual work. A lot of people only can survive, get too much money
for their piss, because they made the rules. We've got money and
unfortunately some intellectual work is more pricey than something e.g.
to eat, while both should have got the same price (I don't claim that
intellectual work is less important). Let's get rid of money and start
barter trade, this is also a good way to support good intellectual work
and to get rid of all the intellectual piss.