Re: Rar for debian wheezy

On 23 mei 2014, at 12:39, Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp@gmail.com> wrote:

<snipped>

please tell me how can i install rar (only).

Thanks,

It’s in the non-free repo: https://packages.debian.org/stable/utils/rar

Simply add non-free to your /etc/apt/source.list: 'deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy non-free’

… and install rar.

Done.

HTH

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 6:55 PM, Andrei POPESCU
<andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Vi, 23 mai 14, 13:10:36, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
>> i some how installed a rar binary which is working in my old system now i
>> can not back track how i installed it.i want that to install in my Debian
>> wheezy desktop as i am receving many rar files. and unrar is not good
>> enough for me.
>
> See if 'unar' (not a typo) helps.

Thanks for that tip, Andrei! I just installed and tested it. While
unrar does work, I'm happier to use something from 'main' than from
'non-free' :)

ChrisA