Re: Rar for debian wheezy

ok guyz sharing you two outputs. unrar is failing and not extracting many files out of one archive. however rar is doing the job for me. therefore for future i only wanted to use rar non unrar. please see the behaviour of both command with same archive.

/tmp# unrar -x CSR.rar

unrar 0.0.1  Copyright (C) 2004  Ben Asselstine, Jeroen Dekkers

Extracting from /tmp/CSR.rar

Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/a.gif Failed
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/icon_star_3.gif Failed
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/icon_thumbdown.gif OK
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/icon_thumbsup.gif OK
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/index.css Failed
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/index.jpg Failed
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/index.php Failed
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/kayako-logo-blue.png OK
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/newsfeed.js Failed
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/ssl-IIS1.JPG Failed
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/ssl-IIS2.JPG Failed
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/ssl-IIS3.JPG Failed
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/ssl-IIS5.JPG Failed
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/ssl-IIS7x-4.png Failed
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software.htm Failed

/tmp# rar x CSR.rar

RAR 3.93   Copyright (c) 1993-2010 Alexander Roshal   15 Mar 2010
Shareware version         Type RAR -? for help

Extracting from CSR.rar

Creating    CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files  OK
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/a.gif  OK
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/icon_star_3.gif  OK
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/icon_thumbdown.gif  OK
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/icon_thumbsup.gif  OK
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/index.css  OK
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/index.jpg  OK
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/index.php  OK
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/kayako-logo-blue.png  OK
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/newsfeed.js  OK
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/ssl-IIS1.JPG  OK
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/ssl-IIS2.JPG  OK
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/ssl-IIS3.JPG  OK
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/ssl-IIS5.JPG  OK
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software_files/ssl-IIS7x-4.png  OK
Extracting  CSR Generation  Microsoft IIS 7.x - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software.htm  OK
All OK

please tell me how can i install rar (only).

Thanks,

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 6:55 PM, Andrei POPESCU
<andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Vi, 23 mai 14, 13:10:36, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
>> i some how installed a rar binary which is working in my old system now i
>> can not back track how i installed it.i want that to install in my Debian
>> wheezy desktop as i am receving many rar files. and unrar is not good
>> enough for me.
>
> See if 'unar' (not a typo) helps.

Thanks for that tip, Andrei! I just installed and tested it. While
unrar does work, I'm happier to use something from 'main' than from
'non-free' :)

ChrisA