Re: Anyone using exim with fastmail.fm's smtp server as smart host?

We may as well have a record that this thread is related to

   [🔎] 87sio62xt1.fsf@newsguy.com">https://lists.debian.org/[🔎] 87sio62xt1.fsf@newsguy.com

On Wed 21 May 2014 at 22:38:52 -0400, Harry Putnam wrote:

> Klaus <klaus.doering999@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > The server (mail.messagingengine.com) doesn't respond to ping nor to an
> > attempt at connecting through port 25 right now (20/5/2014, 13:30 GMT)
>
> One of the first things I did was ping the host to make sure on that
> end.
>
> I've never had any trouble pinging it and send mail thru it on a daily
> basis from a different host ( running sendmail ).

The server responds to my pings too.

> I'm on a direcpath internet connection that is in no way related to
> fastmail but I do have a fastmail email account and the login creds that
> goes with it.

Now that you mention 'login creds', I assure you that the solution to
your problem lies in /etc/exim4.