Re: want to revert back to gnome classic mode.

On 05/21/2014 05:25 PM, Stephen Allen wrote:
<snip>
I mentioned LXDE, but shutdown and reboot from menus haven't worked
since November (sid), as there seems to be a systemd incompatibility. I
got fed up calling up a terminal and entering a password to shutdown my
single-user workstation after a couple of months, and am on Xfce at the
moment.

---end quoted text---

If I remember correctly LXDE is going through a  transition to Qt. Maybe
the reason why?

There were some intermittent issues with those menu options in xfce a little while ago but I thought they were related to lightdm/systemd issues. In any event it all seems to work fine now.

John Bleichert    -    syborg@earthlink.net
The heat from below can burn your eyes out!