Re: want to revert back to gnome classic mode.

On Wed, 21 May 2014 05:52:18 -0400
Stephen Allen <marathon.durandal@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 11:57:29AM +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
> > thanks alot guyz, i am actually a server side guy using mostly
> > terminal window. i am new to gnome and xfce.
> > so my question is, are all the applications from gnome will be
> > available in xfce, is it like a layer on the top of gnome 3. are
> > all gnome utilities will be available as well? like system monitor
> > etc.
> >
> ---end quoted text---
>
> I'd stay away from Xfce4 it hasn't had much activity from the
> developer for *some* time.

I mentioned LXDE, but shutdown and reboot from menus haven't worked
since November (sid), as there seems to be a systemd incompatibility. I
got fed up calling up a terminal and entering a password to shutdown my
single-user workstation after a couple of months, and am on Xfce at the
moment.

--
Joe