Re: want to revert back to gnome classic mode.

On Wed, 21 May 2014 13:00:47 +0500
Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp@gmail.com> wrote:

> do i have to uninstall gnome3 in order to work with xfce4 actually i
> wanted to run both by enabling one and disabiling other for testing
> puporse or to evaluate which one is better for me.
> btw i installed xfce4 and restarted the system however it again gave
> me the gnome 3 desktop.

Depending on what display manager you use, have a poke around the login
screen, most have a box which allows choice of the session type.

Generally every possible DE and window manager installed are offered,
usually a 'failsafe' one, with a default to the last one used.

I'm using KDM, there are several other display managers.

--
Joe