Re: Iceweasel and DRM

On 5/19/14, Lee Winter <lee.j.i.winter@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 10:21 PM, Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:
> Those who (...whatever...) create content get to decide HOW THEY
>> DISTRIBUTE or otherwise SELL that content.
>>
>> No more. No less.
>
> Wrong.
>
>> Once it's on my computer, on in my brain, it's mine. I can do with it
>> as I choose, and within the limits of my capacity.
>
> Wrong.
>
> The copyright holders continue to control your ability to

Logic huh?

> If the copyright holders say one backup copy then that's all you can make.

Wrong. I can make exactly 2 copies before I make a cuppa.

Oh, and after that, I can make more copies.

> If the copyright holders say no other media then you can

The power ... the pOWER !!! MWAHAHAHAHHA!!!

Oh, and more logic..

> your heart's content, but only on the medium allowed.  That means a floppy
> disk's contents cannot be copied

I keep getting lost..

> You do not buy the rights to a copyrighted work when you buy an instance of
> it.  You could buy the copyright holder's interest,

Wrong.

> Are you really going to admit in this public forum that you regularly
> violate copyright law on purpose?

Are you someone who baits people regularly?

> Lee Winter
> Nashua, New Hampshire (Live Free or Die)

Live free or die heh... sounds good.

BTW, I am a great fan of New Hampshire, and in particular the
http://FreeStateProject.org/

What an individual can do, and what the law permits them to do, are
entirely different things. I admit that these are easy to mix up.
Jerry seems to be figuring it out too. That's a good thing, because
that means we can get back to sane conversations rather than endless
rubbish (apologies to those who can't resist reading every email to
the list, I too am guilty of contributing to the high class of
communication).

Zenaan