Re: FSF condemns partnership between Mozilla and Adobe to support Digital Restrictions Management

On 18/05/14 11:26 AM, Slavko wrote:
Ahoj,

Dňa Sat, 17 May 2014 21:00:48 +0900 Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com>
napísal:

What Mozilla is doing is providing a framework for keeping the
companies that want into your computer out, by providing them tools to
get only what the law allows them and no more.
I am not lawyer, then i will not write about laws, nor in our country
nor international. I will write only on ethic level...

But exactly this i consider as wrong. Or will these companies allow me
to go into their computer(s) to i can see, that they don't break my
right? I will consider all companies as criminal, by the same way as
these companies consider all people as criminals (which is needed to
persecute by inspecting of their computers).

At least, most people here know, how are companies involved in people's
privacy, how they know to respect personal information, etc. Nothing
from this, only money, money and money and THEIR right. Nothing about
our rights. And this Mozilla's decision is another step to get our
right into second rail. And right are thing, for which the free
software starts, not for money, not for to be best browser, only rights.

Finally, is widely known how are these companies able to approve e.g.
GPL and right of author's  of the GPL (or similar free) software.

Once again, i am not a criminal. And i want to no criminals go into my
home at all, don't depends if they will use door or computer (internet
connection). Do you want this?

regards

Right. I can use a free implementation to access an SMB network. I can't use a free implementation to access DRM. Non-free DRM pollutes Firefox. It shouldn't do the same to Iceweasel.