Re: new 3.14-1-amd64 kernel will not boot

On May 17, 2014, at 6:24 PM, John Bleichert <syborg@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Running jessie/sid on an i7. Just installed todays updates which included an update from 3.13-1-amd64 to 3.14-1-amd64 and the new kernel does not boot, it just stalls at "Booting the kernel" (full console below). Any idea how to debug this? The previous 3.13 kernel boots just fine! Phew!

For grins I purged linux-image-3.14-1-amd64 and reset the system with the intention of reinstalling 3.14 via aptitude update. For some reason, the 3.14 image does not show up as available via “aptitude update”.

Shouldn’t it be available again? To stay in sync should I try to install it again manually?

I am fine with 3.13 but don’t want to get out of sync. When trying to boot 3.14 it doesn’t get far enough to leave anything at all in messages or in kern.log.

Suggestions?

JB

John Bleichert          -    syborg@earthlink.net
The heat from below can burn your eyes out!