Re: [SOLVED] Text files treated like html in apache 2.4

On Tue, 13 May 2014 19:36:36 -0400 (EDT), David Guntner wrote:

> That sounds like yet another really good sound reason for not using
> Internet Exploder, if that's really the case.  Any browser shouldn't be
> determining the type of file based on the end-of-line character set.
>
> Is your Apache server correctly setting the MIME type for a file based
> based on the file extension (.html, .txt, etc.) like it should be?
> Because *that* is what's supposed to tell a web browser how to interpret
> and handle the contents of the file it gets sent from the server....

As I am finding out, Apache 2.4, as packaged and configured by default in
Debian, has only a "bare bones" configuration, with lots of commonly-used
stuff missing.  See my other recent post about getting Apache to display
directories.  It may be that as a side effect of fixing that problem,
I fixed this one too.  But in any event, the Windows-style text file
needed to be converted to Linux format anyway.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :