Re: [SOLVED] Text files treated like html in apache 2.4

Ahoj,

Dňa Tue, 13 May 2014 22:27:07 -0400 (EDT) Stephen Powell
<zlinuxman@wowway.com> napísal:

> On Tue, 13 May 2014 19:36:36 -0400 (EDT), David Guntner wrote:
> >
> > Is your Apache server correctly setting the MIME type for a file
> > based based on the file extension (.html, .txt, etc.) like it
> > should be? Because *that* is what's supposed to tell a web browser
> > how to interpret and handle the contents of the file it gets sent
> > from the server....
>
> As I am finding out, Apache 2.4, as packaged and configured by
> default in Debian, has only a "bare bones" configuration, with lots
> of commonly-used stuff missing.  See my other recent post about
> getting Apache to display directories.  It may be that as a side
> effect of fixing that problem, I fixed this one too.  But in any
> event, the Windows-style text file needed to be converted to Linux
> format anyway.

This is when one often can read that "The Debian distribution is
intended for experienced users". I remember my misunderstanding this
"experienced" when i start with Linux (cca 10 years ago), because i was
experienced but not with Linux and i started directly with Debian. It
took months and months of the hard work to learn both - the Linux and
the Debian especially.

But now i love Debian directly due this – it doesn't enables things
by default and all, what i want to run, i need to configure manually
first. Nothing is providing service (on the server) without i know,
that it is my intention.

But yes, it requires to i know what i want and know how to do it... If
you ale willing, learn it, if not then will be best to select another
distro.

regards

--
Slavko