Re: Debian Linux 7 and Realtek soundcards

On 13/05/14 16:16, Filip wrote:
> On Tue, 13 May 2014 13:55:04 +1000
> Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> $ lspci | grep audio
>>>
>>> Use instead:
>>>
>>> $ lspci | grep -i audio
>>
>> Why?
>>
>> Why when searching for "audio" would you need case-insensitive??
>>
>> Multimedia *audio* controller
>>

>> An extra three keystrokes for no gain. Extra noise, no signal.
>>

> $ lspci |grep audio
> $ lspci |grep -i audio
> 00:03.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor HD Audio Controller (rev 06)
> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)

That would be a good reason :)
Except that I can't reproduce your results...., or understand how
they're relevant to Brett's question :(

Curious...
Are you running Debian Linux?

Which release?

pciutils 1:3.1.9-6

> And there are even sound cards where the string audio isn't in the
> description.

And multi-case will help how?

<snipped>

Don't forget the subject line - saves energy instead of pursuing
pointless tangents.

Kind regards