Re: Kernel fails to detect internal hard drives after routine apt-get upgrade

On 5/11/2014 11:17 PM, O wrote:
> Hi Stan,
>
> The output from dmesg is long.  From within initramfs, I cannot mount usb
> drives, and I cannot seem to scp or ssh.  So far, I have not been able to
> find a way to get the output from dmesg (from within initramfs) onto
> another file system so that I can post it here: any ideas?

Boot the working kernel and dump the dmesg output for us.  I'm not
looking for errors with the point release kernel relating to the boot
problem.  I'm looking for exactly what hardware we're dealing with and
how it's connected to the system.  It is atypical for a kernel point
release to bork an ATA or SCSI controller driver to the point the system
won't load.  Thus I'm guessing there is something 'unique' about your
setup.  dmesg should tell me that, as well as other needed information.

Cheers,

Stan