Re: Kernel fails to detect internal hard drives after routine apt-get upgrade

On 12/05/14 14:27, O wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>

>     Check your BIOS, I'd bet it doesn't see any hard drives either. Please
>     check. If I'm correct then check your power and data cables and restart
>     the box.
>

> As mentioned, i can boot using the old Squeeze kernel, and it sees the
> drives; bios sees the drives.

My apologies. I missed that. Stock kernel? I'm guessing you'd have
mentioned otherwise, likewise the wheezy.

> The Wheezy kernel (3.2.0-4_amd64) cannot detect the drives.

My "guess" is that you're missing some firmware for your drives - which
makes no sense... unless.... your board needs firmware (nforce?).

> Thanks,

Kind regards