Re: free space before the first and after the last partition if GPT partition scheme is used

Martin T <m4rtntns@gmail.com> wrote:

> for some reason, I do not see those partitions with gdisk:
> http://i.imgur.com/4BlDQx7.jpg On the other hand, I'm also using older
> version(0.8.5 vs 0.8.8) of gdisk than you.. Or is there some other
> reason?

No. If gdisk does not show any special boot partition then there is
indeed no special boot partition. You should not be able to install GRUB
onto this disk and no UEFI firmware will be able to boot from it either.

> In addition, while your gdisk output says that you have 0B of free
> space, then I have 1.3MiB of free space- I guess it's because you
> aligned your partitions on 8 sector boundaries and there was no need
> to leave free space for alignment?

My GPT was created manually and not by the Debian-Installer.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.