Re: Problems getting Debian DVD to work (Re: Confusion)

On Vi, 09 mai 14, 19:50:18, Steve Litt wrote:

> > I think John is asking whether Josh burned the ISO file onto the DVD
> > rather than (correctly) the DVD image contained in the ISO file.
>
> Thanks Testosticore,
>
> At this point, I think we should all forget I asked that question,
> because neither your explanation nor Joel Rees' explanation caused me
> to understand this distinction, and yet:
>
> 1) It seems like everyone else understands it
>
> 2) In spite of my complete unknowledge of the difference between these
>    two words, I can convert an iso or a udf to an optical disc, and I
>    can convert an optical disc to an iso or udf (as appropriate), so my
>    mental block isn't hurting me.

Let me try to explain it:

- if you do it right, when mounting the disk you will see a bunch of
  files and/or directories (assuming a Debian .iso)
- if you do it wrong, when mounting the disk you will see just an .iso
  file

Hope this explains,
Andrei