Re: Problems getting Debian DVD to work (Re: Confusion)

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 8:50 AM, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
[...]
At this point, I think we should all forget I asked that question,
because neither your explanation nor Joel Rees' explanation caused me
to understand this distinction, and yet:

Saying this kind of thing to a guy like me is just like throwing a stick for a dog to chase. :)

[...]
I think everyone has little dark corners of stupid tucked away in the
far reaches of their brains, and we've just stumbled upon one of mine,
but it's not hurting the way I compute.

On the other hand, it sounds less like you don't understand and more like you just aren't quite comfortable with your understanding. (Or you are teasing us, after all. 8-*)

To which I recommend something like

    hexdump -C /dev/sr0 | more

and

    hexdump -C debian-7.2.0-i386-netinst.iso | more

<;-p

--
Joel Rees

Computer memory is just fancy paper
and the CPU and I/O devices are just fancy pens.