Re: policykit and systemd

On 2014-05-10 13:02 +0200, Slavko wrote:

> Dňa Sat, 10 May 2014 12:15:32 +0200 Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de>
> napísal:
>
>> On 2014-05-10 11:16 +0200, Slavko wrote:
>>
>> > Please, is the (in)direct dependency of the policykit on the
>> > systemd bug or it is really needed?
>>
>> The dependency is needed, but you can still install systemd-shim
>> rather than systemd-sysv and continue to boot with sysvinit.
>>

> Thanks, but please, can you be more verbose? I totally ignored systemd
> until now...

Merely installing systemd does not do much to your system, only booting
with it might do.  See /usr/share/doc/systemd/README.Debian.  Installing
systemd-sysv replaces the sysvinit binaries, most notably /sbin/init.

> I ask more verbosity because now it seems as this:
>
> iuA  policykit-1
> piA  libpam-systemd
> piA  systemd
>
> E.g. policykit is updated and libpam-systemd and systemd installed as
> dependencies. There is not installation of the systemd-sysv (it is
> not installed yet of course)...

Yes, sorry.  The version of libpam-systemd in unstable depends on
systemd-sysv | systemd-shim, but it has not reached testing yet.  This
new dependency has caused quite a lot of heat on debian-devel.

Cheers,
       Sven