Re: Is Debian still Debian?

Ahoj,

Dňa Sat, 10 May 2014 13:00:56 +0100 Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk>
napísal:

> On Sat 10 May 2014 at 10:54:21 +0200, Slavko wrote:
>
> > in last weeks (or months?) i see a lot of daily updates in Debian
> > testing. I am using the testing for years and i am surprised by
> > this.
>
> You are surprised that Debian developers are readying testing for the
> coming freeze by updating software and fixing bugs?

No, i am surprised, that the CUPS (and some others) package provides
updates too often, e.g.:

> > 04 May 2014 12:18:32 +0200
> > 02 May 2014 15:54:20 +0200

As one can see, it is two day between them. Both updates are Ubuntu
related, it involves me, that the quick Ubuntu's work is
changing/replacing the careful self-testing by the maintainers...

BTW, i maintain some packages in Debian...

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk