policykit and systemd

Hi,

there was a lot of discussions about systemd. I don't want to start
another one, but latest pilicykit update in testing gets policykit
depends on systemd (via libpam-systemd).

I don't know, is it really needed? I don't want to switch to systemd
yet. There was a lot of opinions (include me), that systemd is change on
defaults only, but now it seems that these opinions was wrong and more
and more things get depends on it and they will not work (or minimally
not install) without systemd. But policykit is useful and sometime it
provides way to authenticate for some jobs for me. Or i am wrong?

Please, is the (in)direct dependency of the policykit on the systemd bug
or it is really needed? I mean the change from Depends to Suggests or
Recommends...

regards

--
Slavko