Re: Personal Recommendations for Free List Compatible Email Service

On Fri, 25 Apr 2014 02:03:44 -0500
Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:

Hello Stan,

>I made a simple common sense observation that applies to anyone using a

Some people (me for one) have over 100 mailing list subscriptions.
Using an ISP provided email address to run that lot is asinine.

>One can change a list mail account willy nilly, and the only
>notification required is changing the subscription address for each
>list.  Thus, again, the concerns Patrick mentioned do not apply to a

Like I said, that could be over 100 lists.  No mean feat, achieving
the required transition of that many accounts to a new address without a
certain amount of frustration, even if some of those accounts are run
from the same server, and all relevant list addresses can be changed at
once.  I'd have to make something like 70 changes of address for the 100
or so lists I subscribe to.  I don't fancy that, hence using a non ISP
account for list mail.

I've no idea what number of lists Patrick is subbed to, but even if it's
just this one, and he decides it's too much of a faff to change the
subscription details every time he changes ISP, it's his choice.

>Given your sniping remark and "dare", some predisposition you have
>against me prevented you from applying the logic of your own signature.

Just the sheer arrogance demonstrated by your position:  Stan's right,
Patrick is wrong.

Summing up, then:  Stating the blindingly obvious, which was not
immediately apparent to you, it's Patrick's choice not yours.

--
 Regards  _
Watching the people get lairy