Re: Personal Recommendations for Free List Compatible Email Service

Patrick Bartek:

> I don't need lots of storage or big attachment sizes (or any
> attachments really), but I do need IMAP, so I can use Claws.  It must be
> reasonably secure and dependable, i.e, good "up" times.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I didn't see anyone stepping up and
offering some space on their own servers.

I have a virtual server running wheezy with Dovecot, dspam,
policyd-weight, ClamAV, Roundcube, OwnCloud and whatnot. Storage is
becoming a little bit constrained but otherwise the machine is pretty
much idle. I have only three other e-mail users beside myself plus the
occasional web visitor.

So, if someone needs an account for mail, CardDAV/CalDAV (great for
Android sync!) or little bit of web space: just ask. I do care about
security and availability because I use this system heavily myself.
Obviously, I cannot guarantee anything, though, and you have to trust me
with your data. In any case I recommend encrypting and backing up your
own stuff.

J.
--
It is not in my power to change anything.
[Agree]   [Disagree]