Re: LXDE dies when opening " File Manager"

On Tue, 2014-04-22 at 22:19 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Lu, 21 apr 14, 15:00:32, c. marlow wrote:
> > In the post MSCORE fonts, I talked about how all of a sudden my desktop
> > icons just went away when in synaptic, to Ralf, and I had to reboot to
> > get the computer to show my desktop icons again.
>
> I can assure you LXDE works fine without any icons on the desktop.
> However, it might be that your system has some issues (avoiding the word
> 'unstable' on purpose).
>
> To rule out Ralf's hypothesis could you please copy paste the output of:
>
>     apt-cache policy
>     aptitude search '~i!~A^stable'
>
> Kind regards,
> Andrei

christopher@COMPAQ:~$ apt-cache policy
Package files:
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     release a=now
500 http://linux.dropbox.com/debian/ wheezy/main i386 Packages
     release o=Dropbox.com,a=wheezy,n=wheezy,l=Dropbox Debian
Repository,c=main
     origin linux.dropbox.com
500 http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates/non-free Translation-en
500 http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates/main Translation-en
500 http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates/contrib Translation-en
500 http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates/non-free i386 Packages
     release
v=7.0,o=Debian,a=stable,n=wheezy,l=Debian-Security,c=non-free
     origin security.debian.org
500 http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates/contrib i386 Packages
     release
v=7.0,o=Debian,a=stable,n=wheezy,l=Debian-Security,c=contrib
     origin security.debian.org
500 http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates/main i386 Packages
     release v=7.0,o=Debian,a=stable,n=wheezy,l=Debian-Security,c=main
     origin security.debian.org
500 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates/non-free Translation-en
500 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates/main Translation-en
500 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates/contrib Translation-en
500 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates/non-free i386 Packages
     release
o=Debian,a=stable-updates,n=wheezy-updates,l=Debian,c=non-free
     origin ftp.debian.org
500 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates/contrib i386 Packages
     release
o=Debian,a=stable-updates,n=wheezy-updates,l=Debian,c=contrib
     origin ftp.debian.org
500 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates/main i386 Packages
     release o=Debian,a=stable-updates,n=wheezy-updates,l=Debian,c=main
     origin ftp.debian.org
500 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable/non-free Translation-en
500 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable/main Translation-en
500 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable/contrib Translation-en
500 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable/non-free i386 Packages
     release v=7.4,o=Debian,a=stable,n=wheezy,l=Debian,c=non-free
     origin ftp.us.debian.org
500 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable/contrib i386 Packages
     release v=7.4,o=Debian,a=stable,n=wheezy,l=Debian,c=contrib
     origin ftp.us.debian.org
500 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable/main i386 Packages
     release v=7.4,o=Debian,a=stable,n=wheezy,l=Debian,c=main
     origin ftp.us.debian.org
Pinned packages:
christopher@COMPAQ:~$

christopher@COMPAQ:~$  aptitude search '~i!~A^stable'
i   dropbox                         - cloud synchronization engine - CLI
and Nau
christopher@COMPAQ:~$