Re: Heartbleed

As soon as heartbleed was found, they patched the OpenSSL package.  My servers are in the process of being patched and when they are, the SSL certs will be updated.  This door was open for a long time when nobody had seen it, but the door was shut and nailed closed as soon as the problem was noticed.  OpenSource is still the best way to go.

Wolf Halton

Security in the Cloud - http://AtlantaCloudTech.com

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 9:35 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, 2014-04-16 at 21:18 -0400, Brad Alexander wrote:
> *Everybody* has something to hide. Everyone. Don't believe me? Offer
> to put a public webcam in their bathroom. :D

That's why I don't have a webcam in my bathroom and assumed my iPad
would be connected to the Internet, I would paste a light-tight thingy
to the cams of it.

When I mentioned that the German news talk about openssl nowadays, but
nobody on Linux and BSD mailing lists care about those news, I wanted to
pointed out, that our communities are aware about the issues and not
that we are ignorant, but it simply is known.