Re: AMD Graphics on Debian 7.4

On 04/13/2014 08:01 PM, ray wrote:
Do you have Synaptic installed?? Use that to hunt down and install your
packages. If the wheezy version fails you then try the run package ...as
a last resort. Or, upgrade to jessie to legally get the latest and
greatest. That is what I did to get the newer versions of my nVidia
drivers and VLC. As a plus, you stay within the deb package scheme of
things. Just make darn sure you do the upgrade in text terminal mode,
with X stopped totally.
I did not find the fglrx package in Synaptic.  I did find some multiarch packages which I installed.  But the initial error of not finding the architecture was persistent.
Open synaptic again and type amd in the search bar. I'm seeing over a dozen fglrx related packages. If you have a 64bit install you really don't want a 32bit graphical system, especially if you use DKMS to update your driver during kernel upgrades.

https://linuxcounter.net/cert/44256.png