Voice control

My wife has contracted RSD (otherwise known as CRPS) affecting her
hands, and it's become very painful for her to use her PC. She can
cope with a mouse, just, but typing is a major problem for her.

Does anyone have any recommendations for (better yet, personal
experience with) voice-to-text software? We're using Debian 7 64-bit.

I know Dragon is the big name in the Windows world, so the fallback
would be a Windows virtual machine and Naturally Speaking, but I'd
like to stick with a Linux solution if it's possible.

Thanks.