Re: Voice control

Hi

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 05:21:09AM -0400, brian wrote:
> My wife has contracted RSD (otherwise known as CRPS) affecting her
> hands, and it's become very painful for her to use her PC. She can
> cope with a mouse, just, but typing is a major problem for her.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations for (better yet, personal
> experience with) voice-to-text software? We're using Debian 7 64-bit.

Sorry to hear that :-(

I have no experience with voice-to-text software - I assume you're
already enabled the accessibility features - e.g. Orca and the like?

Other interesting text input methodologies like Dasher may be useful
too..

Not for typing, but in my past interweb wanderings I came across this
one:

  http://eviacam.sourceforge.net/

Perhaps that will be helpful?  I gave up playing with it when I
switched to a laptop without a built-in webcam...

--
Karl E. Jorgensen