Re: Using wheezy-backports, advice needed

On 20140411_1642+0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Friday 11 April 2014 16:23:49 Paul E Condon wrote:
> > This is pretty clear indication that wheezy-backports won't help,
> > Or did I make a mistake? What mistake?
>
> There is no findutils package in Wheezy backports.
>
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=findutils&searchon=names&section=all&suite=wheezy-backports
>
> I will let others more knowledgeable than I suggest the best
> alternative - but things that appear worth exploring are using a
> Jessie package, or compiling a later version of findutils from
> source.
>
> Lisi

I've found that there was a bug report that I did not realize was
related to the symptoms I was experiencing. The action taken way back
when was to refer the problem to upstream. Now, today, the fix is
ready and waiting upstream. The best alternative for me, now, is to
let the system work. (Jessie and Sid are also a v 4.4.2) I don't
usually succeed the first time I try something new to me like building
a Debian package from foreign source code.

Thanks, I'm happy.
--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net