Using wheezy-backports, advice needed

I have discovered, with help form Bernhard Voelker, a user of
openSUSE, that the version of findutils that I am using (4.4.2)
contains a bug that explains crashes in my use case. He is using
(4.5.12) and recommends >=(4.5.10)

I have attempted to use wheezy-backports using instructions at:
http://backports.debian.org/Instructions/

I have wheezy-backports in my sources.list.
I have run apt-get update, but I get

root@big:/etc/apt# aptitude -t wheezy-backports install findutils
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 72 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.

This is pretty clear indication that wheezy-backports won't help,
Or did I make a mistake? What mistake?
An alternative source of findutils that fits with Wheezy? Where? How?

TIA
--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net