Classics: HDD data recovery. :o)

Good time of the day.

I need your advice on data recovery of my data - i hope it would be
easy.

Here is my short story:
1. I have removed partition on the disk in ms windows xp (under KVM).
2. Turned off the KVM, checked the partition table w/ fdisk in Debian:
no partition.
3. Tried to mount by the known UUID of the partition: success w/o a
question.
4. Thought, Good to have a partition in the partition table: created
the same partition (the partition occupied whole the disk). - Now, i
had the record in the partition table.
5. Tried to mount as /dev/sdb1 /mnt/disk - failed.
6. Tried to fsck.ext4 /dev/sdb1 - failed.
7. Tried to fsck.ext4 -b 8139 /dev/sdb1 - failed.

I better had to have no partition record in the partition table. :o/

So, how is it that specifying existing partition boundaries has
eliminated ability to mount? And, of course, how i can repair the
situation?

What i think is to try to find working super block - by cycling
probable numbers to "fsck.ext4 -b $block /dev/sdb1".

Thank you much in advance.

PS I have no ability to copy the disk to another: no of such capacity
disk.

Ста.