Re: Wifi

On 3/8/2014 2:18 PM, Patrick Alouidor wrote:
> Hello all. I'm not sure if it me but I have a fresh install of Debian 7
> on laptop Toshiba C-55A5310. and For some reason I cannot enable my wifi
> switch. I have been pressing the F keys but no luck. please This is my
> first Laptop ever and I wanted to put something stable on it and now I
> cannot get my wifi to turn on. My I please get some form of assistance
> on wifi.

This is an invalid and incomplete help request.  You must perform basic
troubleshooting and tell us specifically what is not working, or we
can't really help you.

You mention a "wifi switch".  There is no such thing.  The laptop has a
"wireless ethernet adapter" usually of the 802.11 a/b/g/n standard.  It
will "connect" to a "wireless router" or "wireless access point".

Based on your generic problem report, the issue could be with your
router/AP or it could be with the wireless adapter configuration in
Debian 7.

The lack of detail in your problem report suggests you have never used
Linux, or that you've never participated in a technical forum.  Please
tell us your Linux skill level so we can reply with appropriate level of
instruction.

--
Stan