Re: Wifi

On Sat, Mar 08, 2014 at 09:51:52PM -0600, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> On 3/8/2014 2:18 PM, Patrick Alouidor wrote:
> > Hello all. I'm not sure if it me but I have a fresh install of Debian 7
> > on laptop Toshiba C-55A5310. and For some reason I cannot enable my wifi
> > switch. I have been pressing the F keys but no luck. please This is my
> > first Laptop ever and I wanted to put something stable on it and now I
> > cannot get my wifi to turn on. My I please get some form of assistance
> > on wifi.

> You mention a "wifi switch".  There is no such thing.  The laptop has a
> "wireless ethernet adapter" usually of the 802.11 a/b/g/n standard.  It
> will "connect" to a "wireless router" or "wireless access point".

Given the context I would surmise that "wifi switch" means a switch on
the laptop to enable/disable the wireless adapter, whether that be an
actual switch, button, or key-combo.

Cheers,
Tom

--
"All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is
constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role